Philippine Welding Society is committed to professionalize welding practice in the country.
Brief History of the Society
Philippine Welding Society started as a vision of various industry professionals whose aim is: to advance the science and professionalize the practice of welding in the country. On September 19, 1991, encouraged by the government, business sector, educators and practitioners, twelve founding members from construction, manufacturing and inspection companies bonded together and established the Philippine Welding Society (PWS). On February 13, 1992, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered the Philippine Welding Society as a non-stock, non-profit organization.
The Objectives of the organization are as follows:
1. To promote the advancement of the science and practice of welding and to advise and support government entities whenever possible on matters of standardization, public safety and health;
2. To foster and maintain among members’ high ideals of integrity, learning, professional competence, public service and conduct;
3. To provide proper forum for meeting, exchanging of ideas and opinions, and to be involved in the solution of multifarious problems affecting the country in general and the welding profession;.
4. To conduct workshops and seminars for purpose of keeping its members abreast of progress in the welding field;
5. To promote orderliness and effectiveness in the maintenance of good fellowship and occupational standards;
6. To promote and organize research in all matters relating to the science and practice of welding technology; and,
7. To promote consciousness among members of their serious responsibilities in helping our country move forward in our national development and to consolidate all gains already made.
Please be inform that the Society's new business address is located at
Philippine Welding Society, Inc.
DOST-MIRDC Compound, Gen. Santos Avenue. Upper Bicutan Taguig City
Mobile No. 0917-9090261
Telephone No. (02) 8185255/ (02) 8944609